When to Call in a Stager
Are you on the fence on whether or not to stage a property? I recently had the pleasure of speaking with Karen Galler of Showhomes Home Staging – Minneapolis. She shared five listing situations that could be improved with the help of a stager.
1. House is vacant. 90% of people cannot envision how a room would be laid out with furniture. A stager can help a buyer see themselves living there with on trend paint colors and design.
2. House hasn’t sold in 60 days. If the house isn’t receiving offers after a couple months, it’s likely overpriced or the house needs improvement. Although the Twin Cities average cumulative days on market is 85 days, it’s smart to take action and make some improvements before the listing is on the market too long.
3. Seller feedback is poor. If the house is not getting rave reviews you may want to bring in a stager to offer some innovative ways to freshen the look and feel of the property.
4. House is unique. If your house is not on trend, or doesn’t seem to appeal to buyers, then it’s important to find ways to showcase its best qualities.
5. Rooms have multiple purposes. How the present owner uses the space is not necessarily how you want to show it. When a stager looks at a room, they think about what the builder originally had planned.