Minneapolis Area REALTORS® is hiring for the position of Policy and Research Specialist. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to moc.snoitulosdenilmaertsnull@rh and put MAR Policy & Research Specialist on the subject line. Applications are accepted through Friday, October 30, 2020.
The Policy and Research Specialist will focus primarily on working with the highly-valued Government Affairs and Research Departments to contribute to their work supporting property rights and providing outstanding service to MAR members. The position will focus on, but not be limited to, analyzing public policy issues and developing policy recommendations, working with the Government Affairs Committee and partner associations, and keeping members updated on pertinent issues, along with creating content for presentations on the housing market, fielding requests for information and representing MAR at external meetings.
The ideal person for this position is interested in public affairs and policy development with a passion for data analysis. We are seeking a candidate who wants to be part of a high-functioning team, is eager to learn and has a desire to contribute to MAR’s efforts to support home ownership.
The Policy and Research Specialist will report to the Director of Government Affairs, but also will perform duties under the supervision of the Director of Research and Economics.
Policy support – 65%
- Policy Development/Civic Engagement
- Research and analyze public policy issues
- Synthesize and summarize recommendations for official action
- Coordinate with partner associations to develop policy positions and monitor issues
- Represent the association at meetings of outside groups/organizations
- Member Outreach
- Keep members updated on public affairs issues and MAR’s response
- Coordinate and support meetings for members with staff, elected officials or other stakeholders.
- Field requests for information
- Perform administration duties for the Government Affairs Committee
- Create materials for external meetings
Research support – 25%
- Assist with market analysis and data visualization
- Fulfill data requests from members, media, the public and partner organizations
- Attend external meetings and presentations on behalf of MAR
Other duties as assigned – 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in urban studies, economics, political science, public policy, or related field, or commensurate experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in policy analysis, legislative and other public policy work, research, data, or related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Experience with using software tools that support data analysis and visualization
- Skilled at working with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Deadline oriented and highly motivated
- Innovative and creative approach
- Service mindset
- Self-starter who works well independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize for success
- Positive, solution-based approach to overcoming challenges
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Travel using personal transportation reimbursable for mileage within the five-county region we serve: Carver, Hennepin, McLeod, Scott and Sibley Counties.
- May require lifting of 25 or more pounds and walking.
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and use of standard office equipment including computers, printers, and other office machinery. Vision to read small, printed materials and computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person before groups or on telephones.
Annual salary $58,000 with full benefits including PTO, paid holidays and 401(k).
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to moc.snoitulosdenilmaertsnull@rh and put MAR Policy & Research Specialist on the subject line. Applications are accepted through Friday, October 30, 2020.
Minneapolis Area REALTORS®sup> values a diverse work environment.
People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
MAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.