Are you a web-savvy graphic designer with an eye for photo and video production? We want to talk to you!
The Multimedia Specialist is responsible for the visual quality, consistency and effectiveness of all MAR branded materials and media. This person will focus on supporting the Marketing and Communications department’s efforts to raise awareness among MAR’s members about the services provided by MAR, inform members about issues that impact them and the real estate industry, and facilitate their engagement in MAR’s various events, education and professional development offerings and service opportunities. This position is part of a creative team that evokes enthusiasm for MAR among its members and instills a sense of pride in their membership and their profession. The Multimedia Specialist will help accomplish these goals through vibrant graphic design, video production, and website content management, ensuring consistency in style and brand voice and in alignment to MAR’s brand standards.
This position will be part of a team of four, and reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Our vision is to ignite professional success and grow vibrant communities. Founded in 1887, Minneapolis Area Realtors® (MAR) is the largest local Realtor® association in Minnesota serving more than 9,000 real estate professionals in its five-county jurisdiction. MAR provides its members with essential market information, educational resources, a trusted networking community, an effective industry voice and strong leadership for greater professional success while promoting stronger, sustainable communities.
In alignment with our current strategic plans, we have advanced in our journey for diversity, equity and inclusion, making significant strides in ensuring an inclusive leadership body with strong representation from diverse communities. Our 24 staff work closely with the leadership of our Board of Directors and 11 committees. This local organization, along with our state and national counterparts recognizes that bold action is the path to our ability to live into our vision of being the expert resource and trusted leader in the residential real estate industry. Learn more at www.mplsrealtor.com.
Graphic Design – 55%
- Lead development of concepts, graphics and layouts for collateral, promotional materials, social media, and website, both print and digital
- Seek and incorporate input and feedback from internal clients while meeting project goals, timelines, and brand standards.
- Ensure the final project is proofread for accuracy and quality.
- Liaise with external printers to ensure deadlines are met, materials are printed to the highest quality and budgets are met.
- Establish brand guidelines for internal and external teams to use.
Photography and Video Production – 25%
- Capture member, staff, and event photography, and maintain digital photo library.
- Ideate, create, and edit impactful videos that will highlight members and MAR’s value based on organization’s key messages.
- Maintain and manage online video hubs such as YouTube.
Website Management– 15%
- Lead MAR website management org-wide, including reporting, requests for updates, and maintenance according to organization and industry timelines
- Recommend, implement and maintain MAR website design in line with industry standards and practices.
- Audit site visuals to ensure brand consistency.
- Create and maintain landing pages and other digital content for MAR’s website.
Other duties as assigned – 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, communications, or related field, or commensurate experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience in graphic design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including video editing software
- Video production, animation and editing capabilities
- WordPress or other website platform experience and a basic understanding of HTML
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be familiar with digital best practices and be able to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to provide effective customer-service and to actively listen and appropriately respond to colleague, stakeholder and supervisor needs/requests
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize for success
Traits and abilities that are common among people who would thrive in this environment
- Works well collaboratively as well as independently
- Innovative, creative approach
- Has cultural fluency and understands the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the industry and the workplace.
- Takes a solution-based approach to overcoming challenges and remains resilient.
- Ability to meet challenging situations and changes in plan with calm and patience.
- Communicates with candor and care.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
This position is hybrid, with 3 days spent on-site and 2 days remote. Employee must maintain regular business hours Monday-Friday.
Compensation is $65,000 annually, with a Total Rewards package:
- Eligible for annual merit increase and recognition bonus based on performance
- Paid time off per year:
- Holidays: 11
- PTO: 15 days (increases starting in year 5)
- Sick: 5 days
- Floating Holidays: 2
- 401k: MAR matches up to 4% of employee contribution
- Health Insurance: MAR pays 90% of premiums for employee health plan; 50% for dependents
- Dental Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee; access for dependents
- Eye Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee; access for dependents
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee
- Life Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee
Please submit materials to moc.rotlaerslpmnull@sreerac with a subject line of “Multimedia Specialist”.
Complete application includes:
- TWO work samples that represent your work as it pertains to this position posting with brief context around the samples e.g. what was the business purpose. Samples can include a link to a web page, an image, a PDF, etc.
Minneapolis Area REALTORS® values a diverse work environment. People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. MAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.