Are you ready to manage a comprehensive, impactful and evolving set of program offerings for nearly 10 thousand Minneapolis Area REALTORS® members? Does engaging members, volunteer leaders and staff, and bringing innovation and new programming to the Association sound like a great fit for you? Do you feel energized by working with a team that regularly comes together to solve problems, improve process, and flex how and what we do to meet the needs of the team and the business? We are looking for a leader who will adapt our program model to meet the changing needs of our membership while living our value of excellence, address inequities to better meet our value of inclusivity, and enhance our offerings to reflect a changing marketplace.
This position reports to the Sr Director of Member Engagement and works collaboratively as part of the Member Engagement Leadership Team. The manager stewards a member-centric mindset amongst the team and contributes to a strong and respectful team culture in line with MAR’s Team Operating Principles.
Our vision is to ignite professional success and grow vibrant communities. Founded in 1887, Minneapolis Area REALTORS® (MAR) is the largest local REALTOR® association in Minnesota serving nearly 10,000 real estate professionals in its five-county jurisdiction. MAR provides its members with essential market information, educational resources, a trusted networking community, an effective industry voice and strong leadership for greater professional success while promoting stronger, sustainable communities.
In alignment with our current strategic plans, we have advanced in our journey for diversity, equity and inclusion, making significant strides in ensuring an inclusive leadership body with strong representation from diverse communities. Our 24 staff work closely with the leadership of our Board of Directors and 11 committees. This local organization, along with our state and national counterparts recognizes that bold action is the path to our ability to live into our vision of being the expert resource and trusted leader in the residential real estate industry. Learn more at www.mplsrealtor.com.
Program Management (55%)
- Develop annual program plan in alignment with MAR’s annual business plan. Engage members, volunteer leaders and staff to surface new ideas and innovate.
- Assist in broker support efforts with a focus on identifying broker educational needs, developing solutions, and incorporating those into the MAR program strategy.
- Create program schedule in alignment with service level expectations.
- Ensure high quality delivery of courses including pre work, course execution and post work. This includes training, coaching and quality assurance of instructors and staff.
Program Execution (20%)
- Serve as one of the Association’s Department of Commerce Program Coordinators and ensure all compliance needs are met.
- Participate in all programming activities as needed to ensure successful completion of the work.
- Ensure accurate and timely record keeping and follow up in internal MAR systems and with external reporting.
- Serve as one of our New Member Orientation facilitators.
- Supervise Member Engagement Coordinator and provide work direction to additional coordinators to deliver quality, relevant, and responsive programming with a customer centric mindset.
- Create and maintain plans for ensuring successful completion of work activities in alignment with departmental plans and employee performance objectives. Provide coaching to support employee development and growth.
- Participate in and contribute to the success of the member engagement leadership team.
- Work collaboratively with other member engagement managers toward ongoing continuous improvement, adapting to changing needs in the department, and building a strong team culture.
- Collaborate across departments to meet departmental goals.
- At least 2 years in program management
- At least 1 year supervisory experience with non-exempt staff
- Ability to build teams, develop commitment, resolve conflict, and identify and develop talent
- Strong organizational skills; close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a busy environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Communicates with candor and care
- Takes a solution-based approach to overcoming challenges and remains resilient
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and report on progress in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer centric orientation
- Technology skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams); Proficient at using a CRM including viewing/editing data, querying, and running reports; Proficient in Zoom or similar webinar platform
- Has cultural fluency and understands the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the industry and the workplace
- Ability to meet challenging situations and unsatisfied customers with calm and patience
- A valid MN Drivers license, reliable transportation, and an insured vehicle
Prefer candidates with experience in:
- At least 1 year in program development
- Residential real estate industry
This position is full-time mostly on-site at MAR’s office building: 5750 Lincoln Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55436. Some travel is required using personal transportation reimbursable for mileage within the five-county region we serve: Hennepin, Scott, Carver, Sibley and McLeod Counties. Remote work up to 1 day a week is an option after initial training period is complete.
Compensation is $64,000 with a Total Rewards package:
- Eligible for annual merit increase and recognition bonus based on performance
- Paid time off per year: Holidays: 11; PTO: 15 days; Sick: 5 days; Floating Holidays: 2
- 401k: MAR matches up to 4% of employee contribution
- Health Insurance: MAR pays 90% of premiums for employee health plan; 50% for dependents
- Dental Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee; access for dependents
- Eye Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee; access for dependents
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee
- Life Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee
Interested candidates should submit a RESUME and COVER LETTER to moc.rotlaerslpmnull@sreerac and put “MAR Member Program Manager” in the subject line. Applications are reviewed as they are received and will be accepted through 1/16/23.
Minneapolis Area REALTORS® values a diverse work environment. People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. MAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.