Are you motivated by helping people engage with impactful classes, get timely information and solve problems so that they can help their REALTOR business thrive? Do you enjoy interacting with customers 1:1 and in group settings? Minneapolis Area REALTORS® Member Engagement Coordinators help REALTORS and Brokers realize the full potential of what MAR membership offers. This role is for someone comfortable in front of a group because you’ll be hosting classes for members including welcoming attendees and assisting instructors with in-person and virtual presentations You’ll also be utilizing and maintaining data to ensure strong member records and better meet member needs. The administrative work includes pre and post programming work, membership data entry and reporting, and documentation of department duties. Join a team that inspires delight in our members.
Coordinators execute work from a member-centric mindset and contribute to a strong and respectful team culture in line with MAR’s Team Operating Principles. This position works as part of a Member Engagement team.
Our vision is to ignite professional success and grow vibrant communities. Founded in 1887, Minneapolis Area REALTORS® (MAR) is the largest local REALTOR® association in Minnesota serving nearly 10,000 real estate professionals in its five-county jurisdiction. MAR provides its members with essential market information, educational resources, a trusted networking community, an effective industry voice and strong leadership for greater professional success while promoting stronger, sustainable communities.
In alignment with our current strategic plans, we have advanced in our journey for diversity, equity and inclusion, making significant strides in ensuring an inclusive leadership body with strong representation from diverse communities. Our 24 staff work closely with the leadership of our Board of Directors and 11 committees. This local organization, along with our state and national counterparts recognizes that bold action is the path to our ability to live into our vision of being the expert resource and trusted leader in the residential real estate industry. Learn more at www.mplsrealtor.com.
- Facilitate programs and provide support to instructor and attendees throughout the course in virtual, in-person and hybrid settings. Create welcoming experience for program participants.
- Manage content input into CRM related to programing and member class attendance. Process reschedules, cancelations and refunds as requested by registrants, upload member course completion into the Department of Commerce systems.
- Support members, visitors and guests by providing professional, accurate and timely response to inquiries in person, via phone and email on a wide range of topics using many systems and tools.
- Process membership applications, changes, terminations, reinstatements. Maintain accurate and complete member records.
Participate as a MAR team member
- Responsible for special projects or areas of focus as needed by the department.
- Provide support to teammates as the workload requires.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and process improvement.
- At least 2 years administrative, customer service or call center work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Communicates with candor and care
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer centric orientation
- Organized and detail oriented
- Technology skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Outlook); Proficient with Zoom Webinar and Meetings; Prior experience with phone software; Prior experience with a CRM
- Has cultural fluency and understands the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the industry and the workplace
- Takes a solution-based approach to overcoming challenges and remains resilient
- Ability to meet challenging situations and unsatisfied customers with calm and patience
- Embraces teamwork and collaboration
- Thinks creatively and contributes new ideas
- A valid MN Drivers license, reliable transportation, and an insured vehicle
Prefer candidates with experience in:
- Residential real estate industry
This position is full-time mostly on-site at MAR’s office building: 5750 Lincoln Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55436. Some travel is required using personal transportation reimbursable for mileage within the five-county region we serve: Hennepin, Scott, Carver, Sibley and McLeod Counties. Hours to start are Monday – Friday 8:00 – 4:30. Remote work up to 1 day a week is an option after initial training period is complete.
Compensation is $22.40/hour (annualizes to $46,592) with a Total Rewards package:
- Eligible for annual merit increase and recognition bonus based on performance
- Paid time off per year: Holidays: 11; PTO: 15 days; Sick: 5 days; Floating Holidays: 2
- 401k: MAR matches up to 4% of employee contribution
- Health Insurance: MAR pays 90% of premiums for employee health plan; 50% for dependents
- Dental Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee; access for dependents
- Eye Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee; access for dependents
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee
- Life Insurance: MAR pays 100% of premiums for employee
Interested candidates should submit a RESUME and COVER LETTER to email@example.com and put “MAR Member Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications are reviewed as they are received and will be accepted through 3/30/23.
Minneapolis Area REALTORS® values a diverse work environment. People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. MAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.