Job Title: VP, Communications & Engagement
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Departmental Reports: Marketing and Communications, Government Affairs and Research and Economics
Job Summary: Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Communications & Engagement has primary responsibility for the strategic vision, planning, organizing, and directing of the member and public engagement functions of MAR, including: Marketing & Communications, Government Affairs, and Research & Economics.
The VP, Communications & Engagement supports the CEO in the creation and implementation of the strategic plan and provides clear direction for MAR’s communication and engagement with key stakeholders. In collaboration with other organizational leaders and the Board, the VP creates the annual communications & engagement plans in a way that clearly demonstrates the value proposition of the association while also raising its visibility with key audiences. The VP is ultimately responsible for leading the teams in the development and execution of the plans as well as developing the department staff in a way that strengthens the association and builds future leaders.
The VP also serves as the staff liaison to various Board committees, as requested by the CEO, in the areas of Marketing, Awards, and Young Professionals Network.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrate commitment to the mission and values of MAR.
2. Works with the CEO in providing leadership and strategic direction in all communications & engagement areas of MAR.
3. Provides executive leadership to the agency by:
- Ensuring alignment of external facing communications with MAR’s Strategic Plan;
- Collaborating on the vision for the member value proposition leveraging the assets of our government and research capabilities
- Prepares executive communications on behalf of the CEO and association for stakeholder groups including the Board, industry leaders, media, National Association leadership, and local government officials
4. As directed by the CEO, acts as liaison to the Board, representing the organization’s external communications & engagement activities through regular verbal presentations and written communications to the Board.
5. Implements MAR’s strategic plan by identifying short- and long-term goals, establishing objectives, setting timelines and identifying opportunities.
6. Provides strategic planning leadership for the integrated marketing, communications, and engagement of multiple audiences and stakeholder groups. This spans all channels across digital and social media, print, events, etc.
7. Provides strategic and operational oversight for department operating budget development with support from Chief Administrative Officer.
8. Oversees and supports Directors in any engagement of external vendors as part of plan execution and ensure administrative policies and guidelines are followed.
9. Directly supervises Senior Director, Marketing & Communications, Director, Government Affairs and Director Research & Economics.
10. Appropriately delegates authority and responsibility to their team. Works with direct reports to assist them in defining and achieving their operational and management goals and performance objectives.
11. Develops and supports direct reports to ensure their professional growth and create cohesive engagement plans that are integrated rather than siloed.
12. Conducts duties in an unbiased manner in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and guiding principles by which all clients, volunteers, and staff are treated equally regardless of race, gender, religion, age, physical and mental abilities and/or sexual orientation.
13. Committed to the objectives of affirmative action.
14. Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep current in the latest trends in MAR’s service areas and the communications arena.
As necessary, attends professional meetings and seminars at the local, regional, state, and national level to keep abreast of happenings and developments that enhance the communications for, and promotion of, a Realtor Association.
15. Carries out other duties and responsibilities as directed by the CEO.
ESSENTIAL AND USEFUL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES FOR THE VP, COMMUNICATIONS & ENGAGEMENT
- BS/BA or equivalent in business, communications or marketing, or related area.
- Eight plus years of successful experience in a leadership role in marketing or communications. Previous Realtor Association and/or real estate sales experience is helpful.
- Offers team leadership experience, with deep knowledge in integrated marketing and communications strategies
- Possesses the ability to create a vision and strategy and then lead the execution, including defining goals and objectives; defining performance objectives; driving results and staying the course.
- Possesses the ability to build teams, develop commitment, and identify and develop talent.
- Demonstrated experience navigating within complex environments, building partnerships and gaining buy-in from multiple stakeholders
- A member-centered mentality
- Action-oriented & demonstrated track record of achieving results
- Values partnership and champions a collaborative work environment
- Ensures accountability in personal work, and in cross-collaborative work
- Shows a persistency of working through obstacles and setbacks in accomplishing objectives
- Navigates ambiguity to operate effectively and meet deliverables
- Possesses critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Superb written, presentation, persuasion and listening skills
- Ability to travel within the five-county metro area
- Has the ability to develop commitment.
- Understands the importance of diversity.
Please email cover letter & resume to Walt Flynn, executive recruiter at: email@example.com