What is the mission of MAR Foundation?
To partner with and provide support for local organizations that work to end homelessness in our community.
What should members know about the MAR Foundation?
- The Foundation was involved in three different grant initiatives in 2020 to respond to community needs during an extraordinary year.
- There are two National Association of Realtors® “Good Neighbor Award” winners on the MAR Foundation’s Board of Trustees – LeRoy Bendickson and David Philp.
- The Foundation was founded in 1988 and has distributed more than $1million in funds since then.
How can someone support the Foundation?
There are many ways to support the MAR Foundation from volunteering to serve, providing an auction item for and/or attending the Foundation Gala, and donating to the Foundation at dues renewal time.
What plans does the MAR Foundation have for 2021?
- The MAR Foundation is now accepting applications from local non-profit housing organizations for a grant in 2021. The deadline to apply is May 3, 2021. Click here to learn more.
- The MAR Foundation is planning a virtual Gala on September 9 – save the date!
How does the MAR Foundation benefit the community/real estate profession?
The MAR Foundation believes everyone deserves a place to call home. By supporting efforts to end homelessness, we help build strong, sustainable communities which contribute to the well-being of residents and the real estate profession.
Why should members join the MAR Foundation?
There’s no better time to get involved with the MAR Foundation. The persistent homeownership gap combined with rising prices and shrinking inventory are making it difficult for some to find housing. At the MAR Foundation you will work with other members who are passionate about giving back and addressing this pressing need in our community.