Minneapolis Area REALTORS® recommends “No Change” to the current Bloomington Time of Sale Evaluators Process.
Minneapolis Area REALTORS® understands the city of Bloomington is interested in potential changes to the Time of Sale Inspectors process. REALTORS® note the city of Bloomington has proposed an ordinance to bring the Time of Sale Inspectors process “In-House” primarily using city only inspectors. REALTORS® note Bloomington is the 3rd largest city in the state and REALTORS® assist area residents listing approximately 1,500 properties for sale in any given year.
- Lengthened wait times between Time of Sale being ordered and inspection being completed;
- Increased costs;
- No weekend inspections;
- Lack of lockbox available access;
- Transaction delays
- REALTORS® recommend “No Change” to the current Time of Sale Inspectors program.
- If necessary, only adopt narrowly tailored regulations that address specific concerns.
- Software incompatibility is better solved with software fixes.
- Inadequate inspections by private inspectors could be addressed through licensing.
- Inspection items of concern or “frequently missed” could be addressed through advisory bulletins.
- Any changes to the Time of Sale inspectors process should prioritize timely inspections with no delays to buyers or sellers and clear communication from the city to the community and its partners.
Again, Minneapolis Area REALTORS® recommends “No Change” to the current Bloomington Time of Sale Inspectors process at this time.