The Bright Inner Ring Eclipses the Rest
By David Arbit on Monday, August 21st, 2017
While many–though not all–cities around the metro have seen all-time high median sales prices, the first and second-ring suburbs near Minneapolis and major job centers stand out. Check out the median home price for these Minneapolis suburbs.
But when we account for the fact that bigger homes are selling (both from new construction and finishing the attics and basements of existing homes), we find that the price paid per foot of house has not reached new highs since the bubble. That means the price of a comparable or identical property may not really be at all-time highs. Record prices partially reflect the fact that bigger homes are selling.
Here is the same comparison for other Twin Cities suburbs a bit farther out.
- A mostly strong start to the year
- On your radar: MAR inclement weather policy
- 2019 Leadership Installation and Awards Celebration
- Peek behind the curtain at MAR with Todd Urbanski
- Home Prices Reach Record High; Sales Down but Inventory Up
- Minneapolis: Proposal Adds Residential Energy Scoring Disclosures to TISH
- NEWS FROM NAR: Preparing for Possible Partial Shutdown of Federal Government
- Long-awaited inventory gains finally arrive
- Plymouth Council Votes Down Short-Term Rental Restrictions
- Position Announcement: MAR Seeks a Chief Executive Officer