Tuesday Mornings at MAR
Grab your REALTOR® friends and attend
Meetings are held 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of most months.
Please plan to arrive around 9:45 a.m. to network with other members and enjoy a light breakfast. Meetings are held at the Minneapolis Area REALTORS® office unless otherwise specified. Registration is not required.
Agents and Brokers, remember to bring your business cards for a chance to win a prize!
Tuesday, January 7: Understanding The Title Process
Join us this Tuesday, along with Arman Oskooi of Lake Title, LLC. Today we will learn about the Title process. How does it work from start to finish? What is Title Insurance and is it necessary? How does a lien on the property affect the transaction? How can agents help their clients prepare and be proactive, and what are the average costs of title work?
Tuesday, January 21: Tax Planning
Join us today along with Greg Nelson of Olsen Thielen Ltd, Certified Public Accountants, to discuss tax planning for independent contractors and small businesses. Start 2020 off right with knowledge on what you can and cannot expense, and how to save your hard-earned dollars!
Tuesday, February 4: Digital Marketing
It’s a new year and you have big goals to grow your prospective business list. We invite you to come meet Tanya Troska with Back2Basics to learn more about the concept of refocusing your brand through your voice in an effort to reach a more preferable audience base.
Here’s what you can expect:
- A quick review of what a brand is and isn’t
- Learn what it means to create a targeted brand voice
- How to select your audience and target in
- Why you should select a geographic area and target in
- What are tags/categories and why you should assign them to each contact in your database to target your email communications
- What are groups and audience lists and why you want to use them to target post communications in social media (especially Facebook)
Tuesday, February 18: Photography in Real Estate
Join us today, along with Johnny Fuerst of J Fuerst Real Estate Photography. Johnny will show us how to identify and take great real estate photos of your listings!
Tuesday, March 3: Marketing to Millennials
Join us this Tuesday along with Jill Morrison for Marketing To Millennials!
- 3 tactics to speak “millennial”
- Creative methods to break through the noise
- Individualized marketing ideas for your business
Breakfast provided by Erich Koch, ConstructSpec Home Inspections
Tuesday, March 17: Finding your niche
Join us today, along with Julie Olson, local broker and MAR member, to discuss “Finding Your Niche and Positioning Yourself in the Marketplace”
Tuesday, April 7
Tuesday, April 21: DOC
Join us today, along with Matt Boyer and Tim Knautz from the MN Department of Commerce. Learn about the complaints that the DOC receives, what enforcement actions can be given and how to avoid having complaints filed against you or your team.
Tuesday, May 5: Building a Sellable Real Estate Practice
Tuesday, May 19: Reverse Mortgage
Join us today, along with Cindy Allen of Bay Equity Home Loans to discuss Reverse Mortgage. Some topics she will talk about are:
- Show your clients how to buy a new home without having a payment
- What it takes to qualify
- Common myths and misconceptions
- How to downsize, upsize, buy a 2nd home or rental property
Breakfast provided by Leia Ryan, Safe Air