Minneapolis Area REALTORS® COVID-19 Response & Resources
As new developments with the coronavirus (COVID-19) arise, Minneapolis Area REALTORS® is committed to providing you the latest information on our response to help protect the well-being of members and staff. MAR is taking several precautionary steps in line with CDC recommended guidelines to ensure business continuity while also protecting your health.
We are continually monitoring the situation and will keep members updated on any additional changes to our operations.
News you need to know about MAR business operations:
**MAR Physical Office Hours Change**
After the close of business on Monday, March 23, MAR will reduce the hours of operation at our physical location to Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. MAR staff have transitioned to remote work and will continue to serve members via phone and email during our normal work hours of Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
During this time with reduced hours at our physical location, the second set of doors will be locked with signage directing members online or to call us by phone to contact staff. Staff will use the front vestibule to place purchased items such as lockboxes or signage to avoid person-to-person contact. Payments for store items and MLS fees must be made online or by phone. Membership applications and forms need to be submitted electronically.
- You can always reach MAR staff via phone at 952-933-9020 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- The MAR office reduced hours of operation at our physical location to Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m
- Members are asked to not visit MAR if:
- they are ill
- believe they may have been exposed to the coronavirus
- have visited countries where the CDC has issued travel warnings or
have recently been on a cruise ship
- MAR is providing frequent updates to members via email, social media and this resource page with links to the latest information on how to protect your health and business.
News you need to know about MAR classes, meetings and events:
- Following the CDC recommendations, MAR has extended the Board cancellation of all in-person classes, meetings and events through May 10, 2020. This includes the REALTOR® Summit, which had been scheduled on April 29 but is now cancelled.
- Registrants will automatically receive a refund, which will typically appear on their bank statement within 10 business days.
- During this time, we encourage you to utilize the online courses we offer at The CE Shop at this link.
- As of now, all of MAR’s classes and events scheduled after May 10 are going on as planned. We will have a flexible cancellation and refund policy during this time period.
MAR COVID-19 Updates and Market Updates
Memo from Minnesota REALTORS®, 3-25-2020
Realtors group says open houses should be halted, Star Tribune, 3-23-2020
Message from NAR Leadership, 3-24-2020
IRS extends filing deadline to July 15 3-21-2020
‘Leave the lights on,’ agents tell sellers as virus reshapes Twin Cities home sales, Star Tribune, 3-20-2020
Home buyers haven’t stopped shopping, but fewer are venturing out, MSP Business Journal, 3-20-2020
Twin Cities homebuilders watch promising season turn sour, Star Tribune, 3-18-20
Twin Cities builders group hit pause on Parade of Homes, Star Tribune, 3-17-20