Where Does My Membership Dues Payment Go?
By Ashley Chambliss on Monday, October 30th, 2017
It’s that time of year again. If you haven’t already, you’ll be logging into the portal and submitting your annual membership dues. And once again, you wonder… where does it go?
Your dues payment is allocated among the three associations: 1. National Association of REALTORS®, 2. Minnesota Association of REALTORS® and 3. Minneapolis Area Association of REALTORS®.
|National Association of REALTORS®||$155.00|
|Minnesota Association of REALTORS®||$175.00|
|Minneapolis Area Association of REALTORS®||$175.00|
|MAAR Foundation Contribution (optional)||$20.00|
|MN-RPAC Contribution (optional)||$50.00|
These payments support our ability to provide members with technology improvements, enhance programs and services, and provide additional opportunities for growth and development. A few examples include:
- Increase education and professional development offerings to help manage your day-to-day business
- Add more off-site classes to make fulfilling your education requirements more convenient
- Improve our market data tools to support you in your business
- Improve the technology of how we interact with you
Please note that the MAAR Board of Directors has approved a $25 increase in dues for 2018. This is our first increase since 2012. We did not increase dues during the market recovery period, even though the cost of doing business continued to rise. The market has recovered, so we felt it was the right time.
As you can see, when it comes to dues, we have our members in mind. Maintain your REALTOR® membership and submit payment for your membership dues by November 30.
- A mostly strong start to the year
- On your radar: MAR inclement weather policy
- 2019 Leadership Installation and Awards Celebration
- Peek behind the curtain at MAR with Todd Urbanski
- Home Prices Reach Record High; Sales Down but Inventory Up
- Minneapolis: Proposal Adds Residential Energy Scoring Disclosures to TISH
- NEWS FROM NAR: Preparing for Possible Partial Shutdown of Federal Government
- Long-awaited inventory gains finally arrive
- Plymouth Council Votes Down Short-Term Rental Restrictions
- Position Announcement: MAR Seeks a Chief Executive Officer