Where Does My Membership Dues Payment Go?
By Ashley Chambliss on Monday, October 30th, 2017
It’s that time of year again. If you haven’t already, you’ll be logging into the portal and submitting your annual membership dues. And once again, you wonder… where does it go?
Your dues payment is allocated among the three associations: 1. National Association of REALTORS®, 2. Minnesota Association of REALTORS® and 3. Minneapolis Area Association of REALTORS®.
|National Association of REALTORS®||$155.00|
|Minnesota Association of REALTORS®||$175.00|
|Minneapolis Area Association of REALTORS®||$175.00|
|MAAR Foundation Contribution (optional)||$20.00|
|MN-RPAC Contribution (optional)||$50.00|
These payments support our ability to provide members with technology improvements, enhance programs and services, and provide additional opportunities for growth and development. A few examples include:
- Increase education and professional development offerings to help manage your day-to-day business
- Add more off-site classes to make fulfilling your education requirements more convenient
- Improve our market data tools to support you in your business
- Improve the technology of how we interact with you
Please note that the MAAR Board of Directors has approved a $25 increase in dues for 2018. This is our first increase since 2012. We did not increase dues during the market recovery period, even though the cost of doing business continued to rise. The market has recovered, so we felt it was the right time.
As you can see, when it comes to dues, we have our members in mind. Maintain your REALTOR® membership and submit payment for your membership dues by November 30.
- Supply tight but flattening, prices still rising, sales fluctuating
- Advance Notice of Sale Ordinance to Protect Affordable Multi-Housing
- More Early Signs of Shifting Market Tides
- Gung-Ho Sellers Post Largest Increase in Nearly Three Years
- Southeast Minnesota REALTORS® MLS merges with NorthstarMLS
- Maps, Maps and More Maps
- Sales Flatten while Sellers Capitalize on Price Gains
- Govt. Affairs Committee Submits Public Comment on Draft Mpls. 2040 Plan
- Sellers: flat. Buyers: down. Prices: up.
- Good news for sellers may finally be luring them into the market