Weekly Market Activity Report
By Erin Milburn on Tuesday, January 14th, 2014
It's the time of year when housing statistics take a back seat to the resolve associated with a fresh calendar year. Diligent tracking of new listings and pending sales counts tends to give way to weight loss plans and personal financial planning. And you know what? That's just great! Spending some time focusing on self just may help make 2014 a banner year to match 2013. But if you want to take a quick glance, the data is here for your perusal. Here's to another great year!
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 4:
• New Listings decreased 18.7% to 678
• Pending Sales decreased 12.4% to 507 •
Inventory decreased 4.9% to 12,368For the month of December:
• Median Sales Price increased 13.7% to $191,000
• Days on Market decreased 20.4% to 86
• Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.9% to 94.6%
• Months Supply of Inventory decreased 15.6% to 2.7
- Sellers: flat. Buyers: down. Prices: up.
- Good news for sellers may finally be luring them into the market
- Long-Term Price Trend
- Q2 – 2018 Home Payment Report
- Slightly less activity yet higher prices in less time
- Mixed Spring: Activity cools while prices, market times remain hot
- Congratulations to our 2018 Scholarship Recipients
- Q1 – 2018 Home Payment Report
- What’s this about 4-Plexes in Minneapolis?
- Sales down in early spring market while prices rally