Cheatsheet to Professionalism: 10 Tips
By Erin Milburn on Monday, April 11th, 2016
Cheatsheet to Professionalism: 10 Tips for REALTORS®
I had the pleasure of spending some time with Nicole Sarenpa, a REALTOR® with Keller Williams in Wayzata, we discussed what defines a professional REALTOR®:
1. Be a technician. Know your product and how to communicate and execute the ins and outs of real estate contracts, financing and the transaction process.
2. Build a network of trusted experts. Have a number of knowledgeable people to whom you can refer your clients. These are capable individuals that you know will do a great job (ie. title representatives, mortgage consultants and inspectors).
3. Know How to Build Rapport. Hone your interpersonal skills to connect with potential, current and former clients. Put the same effort into building positive relationships with your REALTOR® colleagues.
4. Ask Great Questions. Find out what your client wants and what they need. Sometimes they won’t know until they see it but you can find out what’s important to them by listening carefully.
5. Be Disciplined. Use your time wisely and stay on task. Track daily business activities to make sure they are useful. Being organized is the best way to get results.
6. Be Informed. Take classes and focus on “mastery.” MAAR offers live and online classes. Pay attention to the areas you want to improve, and build on that.
7. Be Your Best Self. Find out what your unique value proposition is and if you don’t know what it is then take the time to find out.
8. Be Healthy. Do things to recharge your battery. Carve out time for your loved ones and take care of yourself. Set up healthy boundaries with your clients. Know your limits and when to say no.
9. Be Connected. Get involved with your community to make a difference and cultivate connections. MAAR offers a variety of networking opportunities and community outreach programs.
10. Show Your Clients You Care. Be punctual and be prepared for questions. Find ways to make your client comfortable during the transaction.
- A mostly strong start to the year
- On your radar: MAR inclement weather policy
- 2019 Leadership Installation and Awards Celebration
- Peek behind the curtain at MAR with Todd Urbanski
- Home Prices Reach Record High; Sales Down but Inventory Up
- Minneapolis: Proposal Adds Residential Energy Scoring Disclosures to TISH
- NEWS FROM NAR: Preparing for Possible Partial Shutdown of Federal Government
- Long-awaited inventory gains finally arrive
- Plymouth Council Votes Down Short-Term Rental Restrictions
- Position Announcement: MAR Seeks a Chief Executive Officer