Apps to Simplify Your Next Tax Season
By Erin Milburn on Monday, March 28th, 2016
Apps to simplify your next tax season
There are many exciting parts of managing your own business, but tracking tax deductions may not be one of them. Each year, your accountant expects certain items to be documented and organized to some extent. Everyone has a different bookkeeping style, but if you’re struggling to keep track of paperwork you might want to try a new system.
Logging mileage is one of the more tedious administrative tasks. If you’re manually logging every trip you, consider an automated system like MileIQ which captures every mile you drive using an app on your phone.
Receipts are not always the easiest items to file. If you’re looking to go paperless, Scannable might be a good fit. It’s the newest app from Evernote, and makes saving and sharing scans easy. Just aim the camera and it identifies business cards, receipts and other paper items.
Deductr 2 is an app that will help you track income, expenses, receipts and mileage. It creates a profit & loss report, tax summary, mileage summary and more.
We hope these apps will work well for your business and make your next appointment with the accountant a success.
How to Download an App
1. Create an Apple ID
2. Sign in on Your IPhone
3. Browse the App Store to find MileIQ, Scannable or Deductr 2
4. Once you find the app, download and install
5. Go to the homescreen to find the new app
- Position Announcement: MAR Seeks a Chief Executive Officer
- Heart of the Community Award Recipients
- Supply tight but flattening, prices still rising, sales fluctuating
- Advance Notice of Sale Ordinance to Protect Affordable Multi-Housing
- More Early Signs of Shifting Market Tides
- Gung-Ho Sellers Post Largest Increase in Nearly Three Years
- Southeast Minnesota REALTORS® MLS merges with NorthstarMLS
- Maps, Maps and More Maps
- Sales Flatten while Sellers Capitalize on Price Gains
- Govt. Affairs Committee Submits Public Comment on Draft Mpls. 2040 Plan