7,271 Closed Sales Recorded in June 2004
By Erin Milburn on Thursday, July 28th, 2016
Here at MAAR, we fully understand what it means to have thousands of real estate professionals and countless home buyers and sellers rely on you for unbiased, accurate and timely information. A big part of who we are (and one of the top reasons why 8,000+ professionals are members of our association) is our market reporting environment and our commitment to data excellence and transparency.
Recently, it’s come to our attention that there has been some misinformation swirling around out there. Because of our commitment to research and accurate data—and to empowering consumers with the information they need to make data-driven decisions—we’d like to set the record straight. That way, real estate professionals, the media and the general public are all working with the same set of facts. We just can’t sit quietly in the face of unchecked and inaccurate housing information. A little bit of quality assurance work can save major headaches down the road. Too many families base their largest financial transaction on this sort of information.
There is a recent report circulating that states closed sales in June reached a record high. This is inaccurate. June 2016 closed sales today stand at 7,209 in Infosparks after late status change entries but officially stood at 7,094 in our published reports. Neither figure exceeded the 7,271 closed sales recorded in June 2004, though it was close.
Now we’ve set the record straight. To access our rich and reliable market reports or learn more about becoming an Infosparks subscriber, please visit mplsrealtor.com.
- Position Announcement: MAR Seeks a Chief Executive Officer
- Heart of the Community Award Recipients
- Supply tight but flattening, prices still rising, sales fluctuating
- Advance Notice of Sale Ordinance to Protect Affordable Multi-Housing
- More Early Signs of Shifting Market Tides
- Gung-Ho Sellers Post Largest Increase in Nearly Three Years
- Southeast Minnesota REALTORS® MLS merges with NorthstarMLS
- Maps, Maps and More Maps
- Sales Flatten while Sellers Capitalize on Price Gains
- Govt. Affairs Committee Submits Public Comment on Draft Mpls. 2040 Plan