Popcorn and Race Relations
By MAAR on Wednesday, May 21st, 2008
There’s a unique opportunity coming up next week on May 28th to dig in to the meaty and complex issues of race relations, Fair Housing, diversity and more. From our website:
Featuring the PBS Film, The House We Live In
May 28, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Film, popcorn and CEs! In this session, we will view the PBS feature film The House We Live In. This film will help clear away the biological underbrush and make visible the underlying social, economic, and political conditions that disproportionately channel advantages and opportunities for many communities. Following the film, there will be a conversation about Fair Housing, a discussion of diversity and what it takes to respect cultural differences while building a more just and equitable society.
Location: MAAR Office, 5750 Lincoln Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55436
Tuition: $36 REALTOR®, $72 Non-REALTOR®
If you’re in the Twin Cities, need continuing education credits (or don’t!), swing by our office for what should be an enlightening event.
- Minneapolis: Proposal Adds Residential Energy Scoring Disclosures to TISH
- NEWS FROM NAR: Preparing for Possible Partial Shutdown of Federal Government
- Long-awaited inventory gains finally arrive
- Plymouth Council Votes Down Short-Term Rental Restrictions
- Position Announcement: MAR Seeks a Chief Executive Officer
- Heart of the Community Award Recipients
- Supply tight but flattening, prices still rising, sales fluctuating
- Advance Notice of Sale Ordinance to Protect Affordable Multi-Housing
- More Early Signs of Shifting Market Tides
- Gung-Ho Sellers Post Largest Increase in Nearly Three Years