Apartment and Condominium Summit this Wednesday
By MAAR on Monday, June 23rd, 2008
If you’re interested in sitting-in on a discussion amongst an impressive collection of players in the Twin Cities apartment and condominium markets, you’ll want to come to an event that the Real Estate Communications Group is holding this coming Wednesday at the Golden Valley Country Club.
We’re helping to sponsor the event, which means we’ll be there at our booth, chatting, sharing ideas, handing out free and relevant research…you know, stuff we’re known for. Come on down early and visit us, then stick around for the morning’s events.
Check the itinerary, yo:
8:00 a.m. Welcome & Introduction
Emcee: William Ostlund, Coldwell Banker Commercial Griffin Companies
8:05 a.m. Update on United States Apartments Markets
Jack Kern, Kern Investment Research Counselors
- How is today’s economics affecting the apartment industry
- Growing trends and what we can expect 3-5 years from now
8:35 a.m. Investing in Multi-Family Projects
Solomon Poretsky, Marcus & Millichap
- Identifying your goals/criteria
- Assembling a team: broker, lender, inspector, accountant, attorney, etc.
- Analyze the investment: operation, physical systems and market conditions
- Own in today’s market
9:05 a.m. Local Market Update: Apartments
Moderator: Bruce Heller, Coldwell Banker Commercial, NRT
Rick Fenske, Weis Builders, Inc.
Julie Lux, Colliers Turley Martin Tucker
Mark McLane, Apartment Brokers of Minnesota
Herb Tousley, Coldwell Banker Commercial Griffin Companies
- Where is the apartment market heading?
- What are some trends in new buildings
- How does the Twin Cities Market compare to other markets?
- Evaluating properties in today’s marketplace
10:00 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m. Legal Update
John Nolde, Winthrop & Weinstine, PA
- Collections & foreclosures
- Condo conversions
- Mixed-use developments
10:45 a.m. Condominium Market Analysis
Mary Bujold, Maxfield Research, Inc.
- Demographics of today’s buyer
- Market feasibility
- Where are condominiums selling?
11:10 a.m. Buying, Selling & Leasing
Moderator: Michael Lander, Lander Group
Patrick Carson, Downtown Resource Group
Joe Grunnet, Downtown Resource Group
Mike Seebinger, Downtown Resource Group
- What types of clients are leasing?
- What buildings are in demand?
- What projects are selling and why?
- What are buyers looking for?
- How to differentiate your project in this market
- Strategies for surviving the slowdown
12:00 p.m. Adjourn & Networking
- Minneapolis: Proposal Adds Residential Energy Scoring Disclosures to TISH
- NEWS FROM NAR: Preparing for Possible Partial Shutdown of Federal Government
- Long-awaited inventory gains finally arrive
- Plymouth Council Votes Down Short-Term Rental Restrictions
- Position Announcement: MAR Seeks a Chief Executive Officer
- Heart of the Community Award Recipients
- Supply tight but flattening, prices still rising, sales fluctuating
- Advance Notice of Sale Ordinance to Protect Affordable Multi-Housing
- More Early Signs of Shifting Market Tides
- Gung-Ho Sellers Post Largest Increase in Nearly Three Years