Date last modified: June 30, 2014
Off-premises real estate signs advertising the sale, rental or lease of business and industrial buildings:
- One (1) nonilluminated sign is permitted per building.
- Such signs shall only be permitted in business and industrial districts, and on property located within the same subdivision or development as the building being advertised.
- Such signs shall not be located closer than one hundred (100) feet from any other such located on the same side of the street.
- Sign display area shall not exceed thirty-two (32) square feet, and the height of such signs shall not exceed ten (10) feet
- Such shall be setback at least ten (10) feet from any property line.
- Such signs shall be removed within seven (7) days following the lease or sale of the building floor space which it is advertising.
- Provide written permission of property owner.
Off-premises directional signs which show direction to new residential developments in accordance with the following. The intent of this subparagraph is to allow short term signage, for residential development, to familiarize the public with the new development.
- Such sign shall only be permitted along major arterials and collectors as identified in the comprehensive plan.
- Only one (1) sign per corner of an intersection per development shall be permitted. There shall not be more than 4 signs per intersection. Signs shall not be located in any site distance triangle, measured thirty (30) feet from the point of intersection of the property line.
- Sign display area shall not exceed thirty-two (32) square feet and the height of such signs shall not exceed ten (10) feet.
- Such sign hall not be located closer than ten (10) feet from any street right-of-way line, and shall be firmly anchored to the ground.
- Written permission must be obtained from the property owner upon whose land the proposed sign is to be located.
- Sign shall be non-illuminated and kept in good condition.
- Such sign shall be removed twelve (12) months after the sign has been erected. A sign shall be permitted for each phase of a development.
- Signs for home promotions (Parade of Homes, Spring Preview, etc.) shall be limited to four (4) square feet and shall be permitted only for the duration of the event.
Vacant Property Registration