Date last modified: June 30, 2014
Temporary off-premises directional signs for residential open house events, including model homes and rental units, may be installed by any person as follows:
- Sign Size: Each sign shall not exceed twenty eight inches by twenty eight inches (28” x 28”) in size.
- Sign Content: Each sign shall include either the words “open house”, “rental unit available”, or “model home”, and the name and telephone number of the person responsible for the sign.
- Sign Placement: The signs shall be directional in nature and shall be placed solely to facilitate the direction of traffic to open house events. Placement of the signs shall be as follows:
- The signs shall not be located more than one mile from the site of the open house event.
- The signs shall not be placed closer than 5 feet to any curb.
- The signs shall not be placed on a sidewalk.
- The signs shall not interfere with traffic visibility.
- The signs shall not be placed on private property without the written consent of the property owner.
Sign Quantity: To maintain the directional nature of the signs, they shall be limited to a maximum of 12 signs per open house site, with a maximum of 2 signs per intersection.
- The signs may be in place from one hour before to one hour after a weekday open house event.
- The signs may be in place from 10 p.m. on Fridays through 6 a.m. on Mondays for a weekend open house event.
- Signs for annual, metro-area, special real estate events, such as the Parade of Homes, may be in place for the duration of the event.
Vacant Property Registration