Weekly Market Activity Report
By Erin Milburn on Monday, July 14th, 2014
Pending sales are back and ready to rumble along with their trusty comrade, inventory. After a slower start to the year, the numbers are rallying for a comeback. However, one number not rising is the number of people filing for unemployment. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, jobless applications continued their downward trend. This could help families pad downpayment funds. With more inventory to choose from, there aren’t any cheap shots in this boxing match.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending July 5:
• New Listings increased 14.8% to 1,269
• Pending Sales increased 17.4% to 1,045
• Inventory increased 7.7% to 17,587
For the month of June:
• Median Sales Price increased 4.7% to $219,900
• Days on Market decreased 6.8% to 69
• Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.3% to 97.2%
• Months Supply of Inventory increased 10.5% to 4.2
- Mixed Spring: Activity cools while prices, market times remain hot
- Congratulations to our 2018 Scholarship Recipients
- Q1 – 2018 Home Payment Report
- What’s this about 4-Plexes in Minneapolis?
- Sales down in early spring market while prices rally
- NAR Commemorates the 50th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act
- Pat Paulson Named 2018 Minneapolis Area REALTOR® of the Year
- Sluggish start to 2018 after a record 2017
- MAAR Seeks Realtor Emeritus Members
- Super Bowl week is here!