The Home Payment Report – Q1
By Ashley Chambliss on Monday, March 27th, 2017
MAAR has a new tool for educating consumers and encouraging potential home buyers to make a move. The “MGIC/MAAR Home Payment Report” is a quarterly overview of typical monthly payments on homes recently sold in the Twin Cities’ 50 most active real estate markets. Agents can download the report and forward it to prospects or include it in their own marketing pieces.
The report is produced through a partnership between MAAR and MGIC Corporation, one of the country’s leading private mortgage insurers. It combines home sale prices, property tax rates and interest rate data to give consumers a good feel for what their monthly home payment would be on lower-priced, mid-priced and higher-priced homes in 50 markets ranging from Andover to Woodbury.
“Educating consumers on housing affordability and the costs and benefits of owning versus renting is key to sound decision-making,” says David Arbit, MAAR director of research & economics. “We’re delighted to be working with MGIC to bring this useful new quarterly report to our members and the public.”
- 2017 REALTOR Heart of the Community Award
- Market flat in preparation for winter
- The Home Payment Report – Q4
- Where Does My Membership Dues Payment Go?
- MAAR REALTORS® Support Local Candidates for Public Office
- Slight cool-down possible, particularly under $250,000
- The Home Payment Report – Q3
- Home Prices and Mortgage Payments: A slightly complicated tango
- Top Reasons to Pay Your MLS Fees on Time
- Inventory Crunch Weighing on Sales Activity