Q1 – 2018 Home Payment Report
By Ashley Chambliss on Monday, March 26th, 2018
The “MGIC/MAAR Home Payment Report” is a quarterly overview of typical monthly payments on homes recently sold in the Twin Cities’ 50 most active real estate markets. Agents can download the report and forward it to prospects or include it in their own marketing pieces.
The report is produced through a partnership between MAAR and MGIC Corporation, one of the country’s leading private mortgage insurers. It combines home sale prices, property tax rates and interest rate data to give consumers a good feel for what their monthly home payment would be on lower-priced, mid-priced and higher-priced homes in 50 markets ranging from Andover to Woodbury.
“Educating consumers on housing affordability and the costs and benefits of owning versus renting is key to sound decision-making,” says David Arbit, MAAR director of research & economics. “We’re delighted to be working with MGIC to bring this useful new quarterly report to our members and the public.”
- Sellers: flat. Buyers: down. Prices: up.
- Good news for sellers may finally be luring them into the market
- Long-Term Price Trend
- Q2 – 2018 Home Payment Report
- Slightly less activity yet higher prices in less time
- Mixed Spring: Activity cools while prices, market times remain hot
- Congratulations to our 2018 Scholarship Recipients
- Q1 – 2018 Home Payment Report
- What’s this about 4-Plexes in Minneapolis?
- Sales down in early spring market while prices rally