Jim Stanton, Owner of Shamrock Development Passed Away
By Eric Myers on Monday, June 19th, 2017
Over the weekend, the real estate community lost a prominent industry leader. Jim Stanton leaves his real estate footprint throughout the Twin Cities on over 6,000 home sites in 28 cities in Minnesota and Western Wisconsin.
“Jim Stanton always had his eye on the next project whether it be development or industry advocacy efforts. He absolutely believed in homeownership as a core value,” said Bill Wald, Minneapolis Area Association of REALTORS® CEO. Stanton would say, “I don’t lose money in real estate; in the stock market who’s to know.” He believed in the power of housing and homeownership to transform people’s lives.
Stanton was not just a home builder or even a condo developer—he built communities. Large swaths of the North Metro were created because of his vision. Stanton was developing downtown condos during the housing recovery at a time when few others were breaking ground. Today, many parcels across Lakeville and Shakopee exist as they do in large part thanks to him.
He was quick with an anecdote, joke, story, anything for a laugh. He was hard-nosed in business, willing to stand up for what is right, but never took himself so seriously as to not have time to chat. His legacy will live on for decades—he laid the brickwork that makes up our communities.
- Recent New Construction Activity by Price Point
- Jim Stanton, Owner of Shamrock Development Passed Away
- Inventory Low, Market Times Quick, Buyer and Seller Activity Steady
- WORDS FROM OUR MEMBERS
- The Home Payment Report – Q2
- Impressive buyer activity, considering the dramatic listing shortage
- Trading places? Seller activity up; signed purchase agreements down
- The Home Payment Report – Q1
- Dear sellers, now is your time to shine!
- The Great Mean Reversion